Happy Tuesday all! Today I want to address the dreaded topic of Wedding Flower budgeting! Contrary to the norm, I like to be open and honest about budgets early on in our meeting. Let’s face it-it’s expensive to throw a gorgeous wedding, and we have to be able to openly discuss what the budget is for each portion of the day. Here are some tips for taking out the stress of budgeting for flowers:
– Be Flexible: Going into a consultation with a florist, bring ideas, pictures and an open mind. Your wedding florist can work with you to work with your budget and your vision, through offering alternatives or substitutions if need be.
– Be Reasonable: Sometimes there is nothing to be done about what your vision will cost vs what you want to spend. If you enter into the consultation with an open mind and an idea of your ideal budget, understand your ideal budget may not match with your vision. Instead of getting stressed, talk to your florist about the most important components of your vision, and work towards still honoring your vision, but getting closer to what you’re comfortable spending.
– Understand Your Wedding Priorities: Every couple has a different set of priorities for their wedding day. Sometimes the most important aspect of the wedding is the photography, sometimes it’s the food, sometimes it’s the decor. Understanding what is the most important to you and your fiancé will help when you’re feeling overwhelmed about money. It will enable you to know where you’re willing to scale back to make sure your top priorities are met.
– Have Fun: It’s floret+vine’s opinion that wedding flowers should NEVER be stressful. There’s plenty in life to worry about, flowers should not be on that list! I like to make the process fun, collaborative and exciting. We will openly talk about budget, ideas and making those work together. You need to have fun with the decor-it’s there to enhance your day, not overwhelm it.
At the end of the day, wedding planning is about creating a day that honors you and your fiancé. Choose vendors who understand your vision, budget and will honor them. You should be able to focus on what is important-the fact that you are marrying your loved one, you shouldn’t be focused on anything else or stressing about the details. It’s your wedding vendor team’s job to execute your ideas, and make the day as special as you are.
This week flew by for me. It was equal parts relaxing and productive, which was a nice balance. This weekend I am looking forward to a trip to the Newseum with my cousin who is visiting, going wedding dress shopping (eek!), finishing up some 2018 proposals and doing a photoshoot for Valentine’s Day arrangements. Stay tuned for those offerings and specials!
This week’s finds:
– Grace’s reading lists are amazing, and I have already ordered a number of books from this list!
– A great list of no-excuse quick and effective workouts
– I have been focused on making sure I am being consistent in my skin care, and also investing in the right products for my skin type. I love reading Liz’s beauty posts for inspiration and new products to try.
– As I look towards planning my garden this spring, I am so inspired by Floret Farm’s seed collections and amazing garden techniques!
– In my office, I am trying to find the finishing touches to make the space warm and cozy. I have a great slipper chair, but think I need this pouf to put my feet on as I work!
Happy Friday friends!
Happy New Year!
What an amazing adventure 2017 was. I launched floret+vine, got to know so many new vendors, clients and suppliers. I travelled, tried new things and got engaged! I left my comfort zone and took a leap of faith to pursue my passion with floral design, and could not be more grateful for all the support I received from loved ones in doing so.
2018 will come with a whole new set of adventures: planning my own wedding, working with lots of clients for their weddings, events and moments and continuing to be inspired by nature to create more unique and special floral creations. 2018 will also bring with it challenges, and my goal is to be fearless and tackle those head on.
As floret+vine grows, I want to make sure I am growing along with it. I want to engage with all of you, I want to expand what we do here as a company, and I want to bring you unique content twice a week.
This is the start of the floret+vine blog, which will have posts on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tuesdays will bring ‘Tuesday Talks’, a time for me to bring some techniques, tips and tricks to you. I want to help you figure out what to do when you grab flowers at the grocery store, or how to throw a quick party and put together an inspired table.
Fridays will bring ‘Friday Finds’, which will be inspiration I have found throughout the web, in nature or just in my day to day life. I will share wedding inspiration, event ideas and other content to get your creativity flowing as we go into the weekend.
Please comment below with any blog ideas or topics you’d like me to cover. I look forward to being your go-to community florist and am so thrilled to see what 2018 brings!